Delicious Dishes for the Perfect Night In
Feb 13, 2017 12:31AM
By Family Features
When planning a get-together with friends, finding the right playlist and inviting your favorite people over is easy, but planning the perfect menu can be daunting.
Whether it’s game day, the season premiere of your favorite show or just a casual night in, if you’re craving something satisfying and delicious, one simple solution is Mrs. T’s Pierogies.
You can easily add a creative twist to your menu by serving up bite-sized Bacon-Wrapped Pierogies, featuring Classic Cheddar Mini Pierogies, which are perfect for sharing. Or try adding some flare to your nachos by substituting chips with pierogies. Available in 15 tasty varieties, these potato-filled pasta shells are loaded with flavor and are the perfect canvas for all your favorite ingredients and spices.
Find more recipes to enjoy with your friends at MrsTsPierogies.com.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Total time: 32 minutes
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 box (12.84 ounces) Mrs. T’s Mini Cheddar Seasoned with Bacon or Mini Classic Cheddar Pierogies
- 14 slices bacon, sliced in half
- 1/4 cup brown sugar (optional)
- Heat oven to 400° F.
- Spray baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray. Defrost pierogies by placing in boiling water for 2 minutes or refrigerating overnight.
- Wrap half slices of bacon around each pierogy. Arrange pierogies on baking sheet. Sprinkle with brown sugar, if desired. Bake 16-18 minutes, or until golden brown, turning once.
Optional: Saute wrapped pierogies 8 minutes, or grill 5 minutes until browned.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
- 2 boxes (16 ounces each) Mrs. T’s Classic Cheddar Pierogies
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 cups canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 3/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Pico de Gallo (recipe below)
- guacamole (recipe below)
- sour cream (optional)
- pickled jalapeno peppers (optional)
Pico de Gallo:
- 2 Roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 small, diced red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 small, ripe avocado
- 1 seeded and minced jalapeno
- 1/2 Roma tomato, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- To make nachos: Saute pierogies in butter over medium heat, approximately 8 minutes on both sides.
- Preheat broiler. On large, oven-safe plate, arrange hot pierogies; sprinkle with black beans and Monterey Jack cheese.
- Broil until cheese is melted and bubbly. Top with Pico de Gallo and guacamole, and sour cream or pickled jalapeno peppers, if desired.
- To make Pico de Gallo: Mix together all ingredients and set aside. Serve on top of pierogies.
- To make guacamole: Cut avocado in half and remove seed. With spoon, scoop out inside; place in bowl.
- Mash avocado with fork until slightly chunky.
- Mix in jalapeno, tomato, green onion, cilantro, lime juice, salt and pepper. Serve on top of pierogies.