7 Ways to Enjoy Farmers Market Produce this Spring
- Avocado Asparagus Wontons – Asparagus and avocado become fast friends when seasoned with Italian herbs and stuffed inside traditional wonton wrappers. Dunk baked wontons into a perfectly paired soy-citrus sauce.
- Parmesan Herb Asparagus Fries with Creamy Greek Yogurt Ranch – Give asparagus a kid-friendly makeover by adding a crunchy herb crust for extra texture and flavor.
- Crispy Roasted Baby Artichokes with Lemon Dipping Sauce – Go beyond dipping steamed artichokes in butter. Blanch, bread and pop in the oven instead. Serve with a sweet-and-tangy lemon dipping sauce flavored with Perfect Pinch Lemon & Pepper Seasoning.
- Strawberry Rhubarb Cobbler in a Mug – Who doesn’t love a one-dish dessert? Five simple ingredients make this the perfect treat to satisfy an afternoon sweet tooth. Try it with ripe berries and rhubarb or experiment with whatever fruit catches your eye at the farmers market.
- Sugar Snap Pea Crisps – More peas, please. Coated in a tasty mixture of grated Parmesan cheese, oregano, basil and garlic, this oh-so-munchie snack will have kids and adults coming back for more.
- Whole Wheat Strawberry Rhubarb Fruit Pockets – Never tried homemade fruit pockets? Now’s the time. Combine ripe strawberries and rhubarb with vanilla extract and bake inside a delicate whole wheat pastry sprinkled with cinnamon sugar. Make extra filling to spread on toast or swirl into oatmeal or yogurt.
- Spinach and Shallot Egg Clouds – Today’s breakfast forecast? Sunny with a side of egg clouds. Whipped egg whites happily marry with shallots, thyme and your favorite wilted seasonal green. Simply top with the yolk, cook for a few more minutes and prepare to be wowed.