Ornament Treats You Can Eat
Nov 03, 2015 02:13AM
By Family Features
As you set out to make this a holiday to remember, your creativity doesn’t have to be limited to your craft room. Let your imagination loose in other areas, such as the kitchen, for delicious treats that taste as good as they look.
These simple pretzel candies, created by the crafting experts at Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores, are sure to be a hit, whether you let them brighten up the dessert table at a holiday party or package them in clear cellophane with a bold bow for a sweet gift.Easy Christmas Ornament Pretzel Treats
Prep time: 1-2 hours
Skill level: No experience necessary
Makes: 12 pieces
- 4 ounces Red Candy Melts Candy
- 4 ounces Dark Green Candy Melts Candy
- 2 ounces Bright White Candy Melts Candy
- Christmas nonpareils
- Gold sugar pearls
- Pretzel rings
- Granulated sugar
- Mini marshmallows
Wilton food-crafting supplies:
- Parchment paper
- Cookie sheet
- 12-inch disposable decorating bags
- Food-safe scissors
- Place pretzels on parchment paper-covered cookie sheet.
- Melt red and green candy, separately, in disposable decorating bags according to package directions. Cut small point off tip of disposable decorating bag. Use melted candy to fill hole in pretzels. Allow to cool in refrigerator, about 10-15 minutes. Reserve remaining melted red and green candy.
- Dip food-safe scissors in granulated sugar. Cut 1/8-inch off top and back of marshmallows.
- Melt white candy in disposable decorating bag according to package directions. Use candy to attach marshmallows to top of pretzel ornaments. Allow to cool in refrigerator, about 3-5 minutes. Reserve remaining melted white candy.
- Use reserved melted white candy to pipe line across top and bottom of pretzels. Add nonpareils. Use melted red or green candy to pipe line across the center of ornaments. Allow to cool in refrigerator, about 3-5 minutes.
- Use melted green or red candy to pipe lines across top and bottom of pretzels. Use melted white candy to pipe line across the center. Add gold sugar pearls. Allow to cool in refrigerator, about 3-5 minutes.
Look for more ideas to spread holiday cheer throughout the house at joann.com.