Enhance Pasta Night
Aug 24, 2015 02:08AM ● Published by Family Features
If you’re looking for new ways to enjoy the delightful flavors of veggies, you may find inspiration in unexpected places. Pasta provides the perfect backdrop for a medley of your favorite garden flavors, but you can take those dishes to a whole new level with a little update to your everyday meal.
Building your dish around flavored pasta allows you to instantly create layers of deliciously palate-pleasing tastes and textures. One way to brighten up your flavor is with new Buitoni vegetable-infused pasta, which is inspired by the abundant gardens of Italy.
This unique style of pasta is created by folding real vegetables into the dough for a visually stunning pasta. For example, the pasta in this recipe for Red Pepper Ravioli with Pan-Roasted Corn features pureed sweet red pepper incorporated directly into the dough for a rich combination of color and flavor.
Find more ideas to enhance your everyday meals at buitoni.com.
Ravioli with Brown Butter and Asparagus
- 1 package (18 ounces) Buitoni Refrigerated Three Cheese Asparagus Ravioli 1/2 pound thin asparagus, cut into 2-inch pieces (tough ends discarded)
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Sea or kosher salt to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons Buitoni Refrigerated Freshly Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, chervil or basil
- Prepare pasta according to package directions, adding asparagus during last 3 minutes of cooking. Drain.
- In medium saucepan over medium heat, melt butter, whisking occasionally, until butter solids turn golden brown. Season with salt and red pepper flakes; add asparagus and cooked pasta. Toss gently to coat.
- Top with cheese and parsley. Serve immediately.
Red Pepper Ravioli with Pan-Roasted Corn
- 1 package (9 ounces) Buitoni Refrigerated Sweet Bell Pepper & Roasted Chicken Ravioli
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- Sea salt and ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1-2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons torn fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup Buitoni Refrigerated Freshly Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- Prepare pasta according to package directions, reserving 1 cup cooking water. Transfer pasta back to saucepan; add 1 tablespoon oil and 1 tablespoon butter. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and keep warm.
- In large skillet over medium heat, add remaining 2 tablespoons oil with remaining 1 tablespoon butter. Add corn; cook without stirring 10 to 15 minutes or until brown around edges. Add garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, 1 minute or until corn is uniformly browned. Stir in 1/2 cup reserved cooking water. Cook 2 minutes, stirring to loosen brown bits.
- Pour corn mixture over pasta; toss gently to coat. Add remaining pasta water if needed. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with basil. Serve with cheese.
facts against abortion abortion papers pills for pregnancy termination]]>