7 Frozen Treats to Make it Through the End of Summer
Aug 20, 2015 01:31AM ● Published by Family Features
As sweltering summer temperatures reach their final peak, it seems we’re all pining for a little chill. From frozen pops on sticks and shaved ice to ice cream sandwiches and smoothies, try these frozen, tasty treats, while you can still enjoy them in the sun.
- Raspberry Cheesecake Pops – Rich cream cheese and fresh raspberries combine to make a delicious frozen treat, reminiscent of a decadent slice of raspberry cheesecake.
- No-Bake Cookie Dough Ice Cream Sandwich – Are you a cookie dough lover? Instead of using baked chocolate chip cookies to sandwich ice cream, this frozen treat is prepared with egg-free, peanut butter-based chocolate chip cookie dough.
- Orange Cream Pops – Bring that nostalgic, sweet and fruity ice cream truck flavor to life in your own kitchen.
- Watermelon and Tomato Water Pops – Refreshing watermelon and tomato flavors with a hint of cayenne pepper make this sweet and savory frozen pop a super refreshing snack.
- Easy Fruity Shaved Ice – Color and flavor your homemade simple syrup to create fun frosty treats, perfect for beating the summer heat.
- Lemon Pie Pops – No need to turn on the oven to enjoy the sweet, citrusy flavor of lemon pie. A shortbread cookie finish helps evoke that perfect pie essence.
- Frozen Fruit Pops – Start with a base of simple syrup, then blend with desired fruit and flavor. Freeze into pops or ice cubes, and enjoy cubes with iced tea, lemonade or sparkling water.