Add Function and Fun to Your Pickup Truck
Jul 27, 2015 02:13AM
By Family Features
(Family Features) From tailgates to fishing trips to home improvement projects, you depend on your truck to take you from work to play and back again. With the right accessories, you can take your truck performance to another level, whether your need is fun or function.
These must-have accessories, compiled by the experts at Pace Edwards, amplify your truck’s versatility to help you make the most of your pickup.
- Light your way. Whether you arrive at your campsite after dark or stay on an outdoor job well past sundown, make your task easier with supplemental lighting. Rooftop fog lights allow you to see in the dark no matter where the road takes you. Some can even be turned on and off, and repositioned by remote control, for added convenience.
- Keep it covered. Protect all the essential gear for your next home improvement job or a weekend at the lake with a tonneau cover, such as the Switchblade from Pace Edwards. Install Switchblade in minutes using just a wrench and screwdriver. Then, when you’re back to everyday use, the cover retracts in seconds and remains out of site, never obstructing rear visibility. For maximum versatility, the Switchblade can be completely removed when you need total truck bed access and maximum cargo capacity.
- Add an extension. Long loads are no problem for your rig when you install a truck bed extender. This handy accessory increases your overall hauling area, eliminating the need for one more trip to get the job done, or making extra space for a cooler filled with icy beverages to celebrate the end of a long week. Many extenders can be stored flat in the cab when not in use, and some even adjust to accommodate roof-top hauling.
- Employ a hauling helper. When you regularly transport big items such as plywood or ladders, a rack is the perfect solution. When the weekend arrives, ditch the work gear and re-purpose your rack to carry weekend equipment, such as a kayak or paddle board.
- Hitch a ride. There is a wide range of tow hitches to meet nearly every imaginable use, from hauling a trailer full of tools to pulling a speedboat to a fun-filled destination. Start by determining your truck’s gross trailer weight and tongue weight limits, and then narrow down the features, such as rust-resistant coating and the ability to tuck your hitch out of sight when it’s not in use.
Whatever the task at hand, the right accessories help you get the most out of your pickup truck. Learn more at www.pace-edwards.com/switchblade.