Bring on the Heat for the Big Game
Jan 12, 2015 12:33AM
By Family Features
When your friends and family gather around the screen for game day, you can give your favorite fans an extra reason to get rowdy and cheer. Take your game day menu to the next level with crowd-pleasing buffalo flavor-inspired appetizers.
The buffalo flavor has been a game day staple since 1964 when the first-ever buffalo wings were developed by Teressa Bellissimo at her Buffalo, N.Y., establishment, Anchor Bar. The wings featured one key ingredient - Frank's RedHot Cayenne Pepper Sauce.
Now you can "level up" your own game day party by bringing the same perfect blend of flavor and heat to this year's football celebrations with two recipes - Buffalo Chicken Dip and Buffalo Chicken Wings.
Buffalo Chicken Dip is a robust, creamy dip featuring the unforgettable buffalo flavor and chicken, but without the mess. It's everything you love about wings, but in a bowl! Serve it up with fresh-cut celery or bell peppers, baby carrots, crackers and pita bread - and you'll add some kick to your sporty celebration.
Buffalo Chicken Wings are a fool-proof classic with the original Cayenne Pepper Sauce. With just a few ingredients, the wings are equally easy and delicious. Present your buffalo wing platter with an assortment of crunchy vegetables and creamy dressings.
Spice up your game day spread with these crowd-pleasing dips and bites. For more game day and tailgate recipes, visit www.FranksRedHot.com.
Buffalo Chicken Wings
- 2 1/2 pounds chicken wing pieces
- 3/4 cup any flavor Frank's RedHot Buffalo Wings Sauce
- Preheat oven to 500°F.
- Bake wings in foil-lined pan on lowest rack for 20-25 minutes, until crispy, turning once.
- Toss wings in sauce to coat.
Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 1/2 cup Frank's RedHot Original Cayenne Pepper Sauce or Frank's RedHot Buffalo Wings Sauce
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup blue cheese or ranch dressing
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese or your favorite shredded cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine all ingredients in a 1-quart baking dish.
- Bake 20 minutes or until mixture is heated through; stir.
- Garnish as desired. Serve with crackers and vegetables.